Referral Process at ECMS
ECMS students will gain or lose rewards and celebrations according to referrals. In order to maximize the effects of PBIS, students may earn forgiveness for one referral per 9 weeks. Students must apply for referral forgiveness.
- Students must get form from Ms. Grissom and turn into Miss Grant.
- PBIS team will decide if a student can have the referral forgiven on a case by case basis. Factors to be considered will be student discipline history and referral type.
- Student must earn referral forgiveness through in school community service to be completed on the make-up day during viking period. Students must have in-school service complete by end of 9 weeks.In-School community service will involve helping school staff with small tasks such as sweeping, organizing, or running errands.
- Behaviors ineligible for forgiveness: Weapons, fighting/physical aggression, threats, bullying/harassment/abusive language, tobacco/drug/alcohol use, sexual offenses, vandalism, leaving school grounds, pulling fire alarms, theft, sustained and consistent behaviors.
- Students may not be forgiven for the same offense twice.